Friday, May 6, 2011

How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn - 5 stars

How Green Was My Valley View a preview of this book online

How Green Was My Valley


Huw Morgan, about to leave home forever, reminisces about the golden days of his youth, when South Wales still prospered and coal dust had not yet blackened the valley. Llewellyn's characters fight, love, laugh, and cry, creating an indelible portrait of a people.

My Review;
I loved this book, I listened the audio book, 12 tapes, narrated by Patrick Tully and truly fell in love with all the characters, the prose in this book is rich and wonderful. After listening to it I can see the valley, the coal mine and all the people very clearly through the main character's (Huw Morgan) eyes.

This book is a classic and I can fully understand why,  the characters are so well developed and the trials and tribulations they endure as a family can be so exhilarating and also so tragic at times that they can break your heart!

I highly recommend this book, a visit to the Morgan family in Wales is time well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment