Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson - 4 - Stars



The Ice Cream Girls
by Dorothy Koomson

As teenagers Poppy Carlisle and Serena Gorringe were the only witnesses to a tragic event. Amid heated public debate, the two seemingly glamorous teens were dubbed ‘The Ice Cream Girls’ by the press and were dealt with by the courts.

Years later, having led very different lives, Poppy is keen to set the record straight about what really happened, while married mother-of-two Serena wants no one in her present to find out about her past. But some secrets will not stay buried – and if theirs is revealed, everything will become a living hell all over again...

My Review;
This is the first Dorothy Koomson book I have read, I am very impressed with her writing style and I am looking forward to reading other books by this author.

Her characters are very well drawn, they became very real to me, especially Serena, Poppy and Marcus.

The story was so heartbreaking and so real because I could just see why each girl made her decisions and what awful paths the two of them followed when they were both teenagers and how each of them became they women they were at the end of the story.

This is a story of abuse and shame and forgiveness and it will stay with me for a very long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment